I’m bursting with excitement about this new SFWA bundle. Why?
On a whim, in late 2022 I decided to enter my (then) latest novel into a competition to select 15 quality sci-fi novels to be included in the March 2023 Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers Association Bundle sale. Nothing ventured and all that, right?
I mean, it’s the SFWA, for gosh sakes. They’ve been around since 1965, actively supporting and promoting science fiction and fantasy authors for decades. The Nebula Awards have been voted on, and presented by active members since 1965. This is no light weight group of sci-fi nerds.
So, when I received an email late last year informing me that my submission was one of 15 selected from over a hundred submissions for inclusion in the SFWA Space is Big Bundle, I was simultaneously stunned, thrilled, and humbled. It is the kind of validation an author receives so rarely, and went a long way to crush the budding imposter syndrome that had been percolating in my brain over the previous months. I felt like I’d finally made it.
And when I looked at the quality of the other selected novels, I understood that this is something for me to be proud of and decided to toot my own horn (a very un-Canadian thing. Sorry.)
The truth is, if you like my books, you will love what is on offer in this bundle.
The deal is that a reader can pay $5 to receive 4 of the books in ebook format, or you can pay $20 and get all 15 novels.
Rather than blather on, I will just give you the official SFWA press release…
The SFWA Space is Big – Curated by Michael Mammay and the SFWA
The late, great, Douglas Adams wrote: “Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemists, but that’s just peanuts to space.” Perhaps the only thing bigger than space itself are the stories that take place within it, and in the latest bundle curated by SFWA, we have 15 great ones for you at one low price. We hope you’ll join us for this entertaining ride between the stars.
The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association (SFWA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting, advancing, and supporting science fiction, fantasy, and related genre writing around the globe. For this bundle, the SFWA Independent Authors Committee had the pleasure of sorting through over nearly a hundred excellent submissions! It was tough, but we narrowed our selection down to the ones we thought you’d enjoy the most.
In Brain For Rent (Hardly Used), a conman wrestles a ship’s AI that’s taking up space in his skull. In Hometown Space Pirate, an unlikely protagonist fights to save an alien from a race of AI beings. Redshift Rendezvous is a hard science fiction work by John E. Stith, an author praised by Dan Simmons of Hyperion fame. Primary Inversion, by Nebula Award-winning author Catherine Asaro, features a bioengineered fighter pilot. In Skylark in the Fog, a group of space scavengers bite off a bigger adventure than they wanted when encountering a powerful enemy and have to ally with a monarch who can control AIs. This was a fantastic group of submissions so solid that cutting them down to these fifteen gems was quite a task—but we think the result speaks for itself.
You’re going to love this bundle.
– Michael Mammay and SFWA
* * *
For StoryBundle, you decide what price you want to pay. For $5 (or more, if you’re feeling generous), you’ll get the basic bundle of four books in any ebook format—WORLDWIDE.
- The Empyreanby Katherine Franklin
- Shadows of Marsby I.O. Adler
- Hometown Space Pirateby C.G. Harris
- Hammer and Crucibleby Cameron Cooper
If you pay at least the bonus price of just $20, you get all four of the regular books, plus ELEVEN more books for a total of 15!
- The Venus Cycle Omnibusby Ryan T. McFadden
- The Signal Out of Spaceby Mike Jack Stoumbos
- Goodbye to the Sunby Jonathan Nevair
- Redshift Rendezvousby John E. Stith
- Sounding Darkby Jo Graham
- Skylark in the Fogby Helyna L. Clove
- Redspace Risingby Brian Trent
- Rattle Manby E.H. Gaskins
- Brain For Rent (Hardly Used)by D.M. Pruden
- Primary Inversionby Catherine Asaro
- Memory and Metaphorby Andrea Monticue
This bundle is available only for a limited time via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get a DRM-free .epub for all books!
It’s also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We’ve chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $5): You decide how much these fantastic books are worth. If you can only spare a little, that’s fine! You’ll still get access to a batch of exceptional titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there’s nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Association!
- Receive extra books: If you beat the bonus price, you’ll get the bonus books!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.